Recent Posts

Thursday 5 July 2012

On the art of the School of Beuron and the Sacred Heart


Prayer to the Sacred Heart

O most holy heart of Jesus, fountain of every blessing, I adore you, I love you, and with lively sorrow for my sins I offer you this poor heart of mine. Make me humble, patient, pure and wholly obedient to your will. Grant, Good Jesus, that I may live in you and for you. Protect me in the midst of danger. Comfort me in my afflictions. Give me health of body, assistance in my temporal needs, your blessing on all that I do, and the grace of a holy death. Amen.



And I love the art of the Beuronese School, which even Pope Pius X praised in Archicoenobium Casinense. Here is one of the Sacred Hearts from that group. I find the art peaceful and conducive to prayer. 

If you have never seen the murals, I highly suggest a visit to Conception Abbey Church in Conception, Missouri.

Do not go on a hot summer's day like today there...but the art is stunning.


















Here is the link to the Beuron Abbey site   http://www.erzabtei-beuron.de/  How I would love to visit there. I have never been to Germany and would love to go...

















and the link to the art page