Recent Posts

Sunday 26 August 2012

A great website ... and start a new trend...

Ladies, I found some great sites for patterns for dresses from different eras. The sites also refer to classes and other tips for sewing. For the modest Catholic girl and woman, these can be helpful and intriguing places on-line. This first one has a "show and tell" as well.

Also, one can still find older patterns from the 1960s and 1970s for weddings and formal wear. I think the Jane Austen look could become the new trend for Catholic weddings. An elegant, elderly friend of mine invented one time, when I was complaining years ago that I did not have anything "trendy", a wonderful phrase.

"My dear, YOU set the trend." For some of these below, I would use a little "lace".




A mother-of-the bride could wear something like the first photos, or anyone for evening wear. Here is another site.