Recent Posts

Wednesday 19 September 2012

This is my second night sky report for September

Four planets are up now and only now. However, you have to be looking at different times to see these beauties.

Starting at night, Mars and Saturn are visible at dusk here in England and in parts of America where it is dark about 7:30 pm and 8:30 pm. Both are up at sunset but can be seen if one is looking in the southwest. Tonight look for Mars next to the crescent Moon

Saturn will disappear in October so try and see it now.

Mars is obvious with its red tinge.

Venus and Jupiter start out from the morning sky clearly. I have seen these in the eastern dawn sky and the planets are worth an early morning view.

Earth from Mars, 2006
Look now, as the sky changes in October and I shall not be here to help you look. By the time I am writing to you again, even for a short while, my favourite, Strider, Orion, will be dominant in the December sky.