Recent Posts

Sunday 24 March 2013

Heartbreak


Today is a day of heartbreak. I have lost two friends. Not because of death, but because they did not want to hear the truth about something serious.

What they do not understand is how much I love them. They do not understand that truth is love.

They are on their way out of the Catholic Church, and all I can do is pray. I tried to speak with them about their "issues". I love both of them dearly, and this separation pains me greatly.

I have watched people in their adult years leave the Church for many reasons. Mostly, it is a problem of bad catechesis. These Catholics did not know their Faith in the first place, and so have made bad decisions.

Who is to blame? All adults are responsible for their own adult appropriation of the Faith.

I have written about this before, several times.

No one is to blame except ourselves if we lose the Faith. No priest, or teacher or parent is to blame.

Only ourselves, making choices which will lead us away from Rome....our souls and minds-- are where blame rests.

Heresies form one cause, especially Modernism.

Contraception is another cause.

Family pressures can be causes. Family issues can create causes.

Believing in false prophets or seers is another.

Active homosexuality is yet another cause of falling away.

Cynicism and hyper-criticism is still another cause. I call this being more Roman than Rome.

Satan does not care how or why you leave the Church.

He is thrilled that you choose to do so.

On the days of our deaths, we all stand alone before God. There are no excuses.

We face Truth, Who is a Person. We have seen Him many times before, but do not recognize Him. Another friend of mine told me that speaking the truth is why these people no longer like me.

I am not into popularity contests. I am into saving souls.

I weep and pray for my two friends. I hope they come back............