Recent Posts

Friday 22 March 2013

Part of my mission statement revisited.

I am a cultural warrior and have been for a very long time. When I was 16, when most of your parents were toddlers, my dad took one of my three brothers aside, with me, and said to us that to be Catholic was counter-cultural.

That was in 1965, so you can figure out how old I am.

My age is not the point, but to be counter-cultural is.

If you as younger Catholics do not know the long history of Catholic culture and civilization, that is, Western Civilization, created by the Greco-Roman-Catholic traditions, then you must learn it.

What we have now in the world is a shadow, a fading shadow of what was once Christendom

To be counter-cultural means you have to learn to think and act like a Catholic and not like the majority.

This has been and still is one of the reasons for this blog. Notice the markings for important monasteries on this map very early on.


Europe is the Faith and the Faith is Europe--but no more...