Recent Posts

Thursday 14 March 2013

The moment of silence

thanks to Reuters


I pray for our new Pope, and he seems to be humble and gentle of spirit, as I said yesterday.

I pray for also for the SSPX and for all my friends, who like I did, still do, live in dioceses and even in countries, like Malta, where there are NO TLMs.

This is not a small problem. This is not a matter of taste. There is a different spirituality which grows in and around those who go to the TLM. TLM families do not contracept. Many home school. Vocations come out of TLM parishes in rates way above ordinary NO parishes. People who attend TLMs have told me of the changes in their families, in their children. The children thrive in discipline and grace.

Marriages are strengthened in the participation of the Latin Mass

I, for one, hate outdoor Masses and have found some elements of WYD as distinct ruptures with Tradition. This is an understatement.

I, for one, want a Pope who will encourage the vocations to TLM orders and who will appoint TLM bishops, and chastise those who disobey him in this area.

The spirituality of this good, new Pope is connected with how he celebrates the liturgy.

I am so touched that he prayed and that over 100,000 people joined him in silence.

That, to me, was an excellent sign, a sign of where our priority should be-a life focused on Christ.

We are not a cult which falls into the worship of a person, like North Korea, or even America now to some extent.

We are not people who put our trust in princes, but in God.

But, that trust can only be real and from prayer.

This good man who is Francis has a huge task ahead of him as the world reels out of control and into gross immorality.

He will have my prayers

I hope and pray he encourages the TLM.