Recent Posts

Friday 12 July 2013

For New Readers Posts on Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy and Such Thoughts on Formation of Conscience

05 Jun 2013
The spiritual works of mercy are: To instruct the ignorant;; To counsel the doubtful;; To admonish sinners;; To bear wrongs patiently;; To forgive offences willingly;; To comfort the afflicted;; To pray for the living and the dead.
05 Feb 2012
And, the spiritual works of mercy are just as important as the corporal works. Here in Ireland, I have discovered a sad, cultural phenomenon. The Catholics on the whole do not as adults take the initiative in their Faith. For some ...
30 Nov 2012
Make a good Advent by corporal and spiritual works of mercy, as well as fasting and prayer. Get together with those who support your Faith. We do not know the time or the hour....Can you imagine Joseph's amazement at the ...
04 Mar 2013
In the day of judgment he will receive salvation from the Lord, Whom he will have as his debtor for the mercy he has shown. This is the duty to live out the corporal works of mercy and the spiritual works of mercy, mentioned on ...

30 Nov 2012
They may even tithe, but not follow the corporal or spiritual works of mercy. The liberals interpret the laws to find the loopholes. They say they are Catholics, but they are materialists. Like the Moslems, the Pharisees and ...
21 Jun 2013
Lynda, your last line is so true. Thanks for this comment. One goes a long time without support and the way is clear--I have a duty to instruct the ignorant as that is one of the spiritual works of mercy, but some people just do not ...
06 Jun 2013
Remember, this week, I published the spiritual works of mercy: one is to admonish sinners and another is to instruct the ignorant. I do these things only if necessary, but years ago, when I was far away from the Church, a good ...
12 Feb 2012
And, if you read my earlier post on the seven corporal and spiritual works of mercy, you will understand this all more. 13 February 2012 07:56. happyhockeymom said... I had a brother-in-law get, who was baptized and raised ...

18 Aug 2012
... Soul, and Divinity of Jesus Christ, undivided from our Oblation, in prayer and thanksgiving to the Holy Trinity, comes authentic help for the poor in the corporal and spiritual works of mercy made possible by the working of the ...
07 Jul 2013
My current spiritual director and I have discussed the blog and resting in prayer at more length. He thinks I should blog once a week, like on a Sunday, and stick to spiritual rather than political topics. I am praying about this, ...
08 Feb 2012
I have known hundreds of priests, working in Catholic institutions most of my life, going to daily Mass when my work permitted. Three sermons in forty years shows me that priests are afraid of Hell and damnation. Some ...
30 Jan 2012
Also, before one engages the ideas of Garrigou-Lagrange, I highly suggest at least the lay version of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius, again under a director. Again, good luck trying to find an orthodox, conservative ...