Recent Posts

Saturday 10 August 2013

On Colour


A fascinating little thread in my life has been the colour of flowers those who give me flowers choose.

As most of my readers know, my favourite rose is the blue rose. However, I can say that most of the time I am given flowers, as on this past day, those flowers have been yellow and flaming oranges roses.

I think this is very interesting. Yellow is the symbol of friendship and orange represents fascination, desire and enthusiasm.

I suppose I am an enthusiastic person and when I was teaching, one of the compliments give to me what that I was always enthusiastic about my subjects and passed that enthusiasm on to my students.

Bright orange provides a daring statement of interest and passion. But, in my case, this passion is for and in the Lord.

Babies' Breath always reminds me of my sister in heaven, because my mother planted that sweet flower when Beth Ann died. She was one.

All of these things are part of memory and understanding. We are called to God in our memory and understanding.

May God bless the bearers of this striking bouquet. May I always thank God when I think of you.