Recent Posts

Friday 11 October 2013

Mucking around Valletta and Sliema

Those of you who have followed my blog know that I lived in Malta for several months in 2011. This is my second visit in 2013.  My favorite city is Valletta, where I am today, but with limited access to the Net. Last night, the Net went down in my flat in Sliema, which is why there are no posts today. Later on, I shall write on a few themes relating to the Church and Malta.

Pray for Malta. As many Catholic countries, it is going through a stage of rapidly losing its Catholic identity and becoming completely secular.

Why this has happened is owing to the idolization of money-same thing which has killed the simple, lovely Catholic faith of the Irish.

Money as a god is demanding, taking up time and energy from prayer and penance.

So many people act as though there is no afterlife or personal judgement.