If you cannot see this, you need to pray for discernment.
Discernment is a gift from God to all Catholics, connected to the virtues of Prudence, Temperance, Justice and Fortitude, which we all have.
Discernment is an absolute necessity now, in these times.
If you cannot discern the signs of the times, peaceful or dangerous situations, good or evil, you must ask yourself why you cannot discern.
Here are some reasons why a Catholic may lack discernment.
1) The person is not praying daily and enough. Discernment is honed in prayer.
2) A person is too caught up in materialism and/or consumerism. One must be honest as to whether one is pursuing God and His Ways, or comfort.
3) One may be sinning in a certain area, in a habitual sin which stops discernment. Habitual sin may be serious venial sin.
4) One is not reading spiritual books daily, such as the Doctors of the Church or the daily readings from Mass.
5) One is following a certain false teaching, such as Liberation Theology, the Gospel of Success.
6) One is following false seers and false apparitions, which is a sinful position, by the way, especially if Rome has decided on such.
8) One is living in mortal sin, which kills the life of the soul and, therefore, discernment.
9) One is a heretic in some way, perhaps not even knowing that one is not completely orthodox, If one chooses not to be orthodox, such as maintaining a position of "informed dissent", one will lose discernment quickly.
10) One is choosing friends and companions who do not have discernment and one is following bad advice, instead of looking towards the Teaching Magisterium or seeking out wise friends.
11) One thinks that there is neutral territory in the spiritual world. There is NO neutral territory. One is either in the land of God or the land of the devil.
12) One turns against discernment again and again, and finally, the Holy Spirit leaves one to one's devices. Grace must be followed.
Do you have discernment? If not, why not? We all must be in the position to hear God and react quickly.
Then he saith to them: But whom do you say that I am? Peter answering said to him: Thou art the Christ. Mark 8:29 DR
To be continued....