Recent Posts

Wednesday 19 March 2014

The Mysterious Will of God


When I was unceremoniously and stupidly sent to Malta outside of my plans (a trip which, though short, had a silver lining), I fell into deep shock and prayer regarding God's Will for me. Thankfully, I know and have had it confirmed by more than one person, that it is God's Will that I am to go back England. Like one holier than I, St. Paul, I have been stopped by powers that remain unseen.

God has a perfect will and plan for us and a permissive will, which allows evil things to happen. This permissive will forms the mystery of suffering and the allowance of evil, from the free choices of men and women. However, behind those choices lies the great deceiver, satan. God does not create evil, but He allows all of us our free will to choose. Some people choose good and some choose evil.

Here is St. Paul on his efforts to get back to Thessalonika; 1 Thessalonians 2: 17-18  

But we, brethren, being taken away from you for a short time, in sight, not in heart, have hastened the more abundantly to see your face with great desire. For we would have come unto you, I Paul indeed, once and again: but Satan hath hindered us.

So, readers, here is my plea to you. Please pray that all the hindrances that keep me from returning are removed. 

Thank you, STM.