Recent Posts

Sunday 9 March 2014

Well, I have to say this


After being back in the States for four months, I have to say that three institutions work much better in Europe than in the States. Banks, telephone companies and Internet companies seem more efficient in Europe. One cannot even find hotspots to buy into in some places here in the States.

Americans believe they have the most advanced technology for customers in the world. Not so.

Banks and transactions, phones, and the Internet are WAY more efficient in Great Britain, Ireland and Malta.

Amazing, huh?

And, phone service and phones are less expensive in Europe, as is Internet service.

Amazing. It seems to me that service has become worse. Is this possible?

I have never been in a built up area in any country with upper middle class residences where the Internet has been as bad as here. Nor, have I ever paid so much for basic phone service. And, I have never had to wait hours before transactions from pharmacies or shops cleared my banking account.

Amazing.

And, my reflections have been backed up by a businessman I know here who lived in Germany for the past two years and has just returned.

He and I had a nice "grouse" about the so-called superior nation of America. Sorry, technologically and service-wise, this area is horrible.

Sigh....and skype is so bad connecting here I cannot talk with my son----another reason for you all to pray I can get back to Europe a.s.a.p.

And, while I am complaining, I have noticed living in three neighborhoods, that neighbors either do not know each other and/or never get together.

Sad...very sad.

Gratias. Ah, and do not forget about Daylight Savings Time change tonight.

STM