Recent Posts

Sunday 22 March 2015

Today's Gospel

The Scripture today does not merely focus our attention on to Good Friday, but to the Second Coming of Christ.

Christ is telling us that His hour of glory is coming, which is the winning of salvation for mankind through the Passion, Death, and Resurrection.

But, the prophecy which Christ is giving about His death also points to the final glorification of His coming at the end of the world.  Christ's Second Coming will be the great moment of His glorification, as the entire world, all the living and the dead will look on Him whose hands, feet, and side hold the wounds of His victory.

This final glorification encompasses the entire Gospel message. All will be judged by this Gospel.

The judgment which happens on Calvary will be finalized on that Last Day.

Through suffering, Christ earns His Kingdom, as God the Father willed.

Christ is the grain and we are the harvest. Do not waste His suffering in your life.


John 12:20-33 Douay-Rheims 

20 Now there were certain Gentiles among them, who came up to adore on the festival day.
21 These therefore came to Philip, who was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying: Sir, we would see Jesus.
22 Philip cometh, and telleth Andrew. Again Andrew and Philip told Jesus.
23 But Jesus answered them, saying: The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified.
24 Amen, amen I say to you, unless the grain of wheat falling into the ground die,
25 Itself remaineth alone. But if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world, keepeth it unto life eternal.
26 If any man minister to me, let him follow me; and where I am, there also shall my minister be. If any man minister to me, him will my Father honour.
27 Now is my soul troubled. And what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour. But for this cause I came unto this hour.
28 Father, glorify thy name. A voice therefore came from heaven: I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.
29 The multitude therefore that stood and heard, said that it thundered. Others said: An angel spoke to him.
30 Jesus answered, and said: This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.
31 Now is the judgment of the world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.
32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all things to myself.
33 (Now this he said, signifying what death he should die.)