Recent Posts

Thursday 13 December 2012

Blindness and Sin: between a rock and a hard place


Today, again, in a discussion with an excellent trad young man who is a med student, I asked why youth his age did not use the Internet to find out information about the Faith, which is so obvious. One of his friends was arguing a point of Eastern Church Canon Law which took me 23 minutes to find on line. The guy probably spends more time waiting in line and getting his daily latte.

That generation can text, tweet, use all the social networking available and yet cannot find out about basic questions concerning their own Catholic Faith. Infused knowledge is great and comes in prayer but, we must try and find out as much as our busy schedules allow concerning the doctrines of our own religion.

There is NO excuse, except sin.

If there is a block in my life concerning anything, there is probably sin hiding somewhere in my soul, mind, heart. It is not good enough for me to say, "I do not know where to look,"  "I do not have the interest," or "I do not have time," or, "It is too hard to be a Catholic."

It is harder to lose one's self for all eternity.

Begging God to show me my sin requires energy and time. It requires a harsh objectivity.

And from the days of John the Baptist until now, the kingdom of heaven suffereth violence, and the violent bear it away. Matthew 11:12 DR


Make your own coffee at home and use the Net to read the Divine Office daily, to check out the Catholic Encyclopaedia  and the Vatican website. I have given you the links on the names, guys. 

Sloth, by the way, is a sin. A serious sin, one of the Deadly Sins....we forget those. I did an examination of those in the perfection series. Here is one link-
http://supertradmum-etheldredasplace.blogspot.ie/2012/08/more-on-perfection-some-capital-sins.html

and you can follow the tags.  I have done all the work for you, kids!

Have a nice day!