Recent Posts

Monday 21 January 2013

Desire and Prayer for Purity of Heart


A prayer for purity of heart through the intercession of Saint Gemma

http://www.stgemmagalgani.com/2010/08/prayer-to-st-gemma-for-purity-of-heart.html

Oh devout virgin Saint Gemma, you once prayed: "To come to heaven requires purity of heart: give it to me, my Jesus; Yes, I so desire purity of heart!" And then, turning also to the Blessed Virgin Mary for Her heavenly help you once said: "Blessed Mother, never allow me to lose holy purity. Place me under your mantle, guard this treasure for me, and I shall become more pleasing to Jesus."

We turn to you then, Oh holy Gemma, and we make your prayers to Jesus and Mary our own, calling upon your heavenly assistance for the grace of holy purity. Assist us then, dear Gemma, in obtaining this precious jewel from Jesus, with the help of our beloved Mother Mary. Be our heavenly friend and patroness, and lead us ever closer into the Sacred Heart of Jesus, the infinite source of purity. We ask this through Jesus Christ our Lord. AMEN.