Recent Posts

Monday, 7 January 2013

In search of quiet....and found within





I went and sat by Bay St. George. Much quieter and Ulysses' Sea forms my view.

But, St. Benedict notes that one must create a space of interior quiet to which one can go at any time. That has happened to me, after practice and grace. I can carry silence around in and with me. This is the only way to be in the Presence of God continually.

But, one must grow into this, and I pity the youth who do not have the way to try it. Pray for the Millennials.

God is in the Silence.

1 comment:

Just another mad Catholic said...

I would love to be able to carry Silence around with me and I long for a deep and intimate relationship with God, but when you spend 7.5 hours a day, 5 days a week answering bells, trying not to shout at idiotic requests by people with only a handful of brain cells and attending goofy mettings which have very little to do with you it's hard to just 'switch off'.

I've just arrived back from a wonderful Christmas and New year in an Benedictine house on the American Praries, apart from seeing my spiritual family the idea was to have lots of peace and quiet time. Trying just to be still at Mass and Adoration was terriably difficult and I feel as if I didn't do very well.

If the ever slimming chance of me being ordiained actually occurs I will make a point of informing my parishinors that certain times of the week are Father's quiet time with God and you're not to disturb him unless someone is actually dying.