Recent Posts

Wednesday 15 May 2013

Letters from Monastery One

I have permission to write to my son and I shall write about my experiences at Tyburn.

First of all , this is the most loving and mature congregations I have ever seen.  The nuns are normal and human and real. I have never met such mature nuns. I am happy here and love the day. The Rule of Benedict is alreay in my heart somewhat. Mother General said that one reason I am not having trouble with obedience and the day is that she thinks I have interiorized the Benedictine way.

There is a Benedictine way of doing everything and one must be very watchful and learn by doing, not hearing. There is a monastic way of holding up one's bowl for hot water, for cutting bread and so on.

I love it. I love being here. I love the entire set up.

I have had to asked forgiveness of Mother Novice Mistress or Mother General at least once a day, but no matter.

To be continued...