Recent Posts

Friday 23 August 2013

Dark Night Part 43


St. Paul describes the Dark Night in a short passage from Galatians, and in other places. He obviously attained the Illuminative State, as he became our first theologian, explaining Christ's message of the Gospel through so many examples, descriptions, definitions  experiences. His teaching of the mysteries of faith has been passed down to our times, and we hear his words daily. Paul's words below, from Lauds this morning, reveal the process of purgation, being crucified with and in Christ, and coming into the light of faith, living the life of faith, knowing the love of God.


Those who allow God to purify the body and soul come to live in the grace of God daily, living in the knowledge of illumination. We also know of Paul's union with Christ through other passages. 



Galatians 2:19-21

Douay-Rheims 
19 For I, through the law, am dead to the law, that I may live to God: with Christ I am nailed to the cross.
20 And I live, now not I; but Christ liveth in me. And that I live now in the flesh: I live in the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered himself for me.
21 I cast not away the grace of God. For if justice be by the law, then Christ died in vain.