Recent Posts

Monday 11 August 2014

Devolution Two

I have been blogging and/or commenting since about 2006. I have had weeks of dormancy commenting, but one can see my name popping up in old archives of blogs. It is interesting how the discussions and the topics, as well as the tone, of comments have changed.

Definitely, absolutely, the content and tone of comments has gone downhill.

In the early days of blogging and commenting, the discussions were simply more cerebral, more academic, written by people with some Catholic background. People were interested in learning.

Next, there was a second wave of commentators and bloggers who were converts, finding both blogging and commenting on blogs part the excitement of becoming a Catholic. Obviously, people learn on blogs about the one, true, holy, universal, and apostolic Church.

Now, there has been over the last nine months or a year, a third wave of commentators who have not learned to argue from a logical, even rational basis and merely want to vent emotions.

How sad. But, this phenomenon shows the lack of educational standards in the West. People simply do not know how to think, either logically or analogically anymore. Apparently, there was an article on the lack of the ability to think analogically. I am trying to find it.

Those of us and our children who have studied logic and the Aristotelian modes of writing approach writing in a completely different manner than the "emos" on line.

A friend of mine got me thinking about devolution, which as one can hear in the post earlier today, in the talk from Fr. Ripperger, is the real issue of genetic entropy.

I saw it happening when I taught college from September, 1979 through December 2010, with a break of some years as a stay-at-home mom and working in another job not teaching. Wow, what changes in the students! The break from September, 1987 through August, 1997, when I finally went back into teaching, witnessed a sea-change in young peoples' ability to think, work, be focused.

The cry of so many teachers who are now retired is that they could not take the change from teaching to "baby-sitting" or worse.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2011/02/26/950079/-I-Don-t-Want-to-be-a-Teacher-Any-More#

Of course, the entire problem with education is that it was separated from religion. The soul forms the body. How can one teach the body and not the soul? Impossible, and it is our intellects that we are "like God" and in our free wills.

Sad, but the generations have become slowly but surely "unteachable".  This has been manipulated on purpose.

I am so glad I can teach through my blog. It is too bad I do not get paid for it, as I am so poor. It is a ministry, and I am happy to be called to this, until God decides otherwise. I am trying to work in the larger atmosphere of genetic entropy.

But, most of, in fact, the great majority of my readers are sharp intellectually and teachable. I am blessed in my readership. As long as I see that people want to learn, I can continue, if God so desires.