Recent Posts

Saturday 11 October 2014

A New Experience

I entrusted my phone with someone when I was in Malta last year, as this cell would not work in America.

No one in the family knows what happened to the phone. It has disappeared, either in the house or in a car somewhere.

Result, for the first time in my adult life, even counting my time in the convent the first time, when I was allowed a phone, I am without a phone, as I cannot afford to buy one here now. The second time I was in the convent, as I was in the cloister, of course, I did not have my phone.

Well, I guess God has put me in a veritable "no cell zone". Interesting.

So far, I have not missed the cell.


I have skype and those of my friends on skype should get a hold of me there, please.

I shall see how far I can get in life without a cell phone. I am actually looking forward to not having a cell, as it means I am not available all the time.

Europeans are ahead of the game in cells, btw.


Europe has adopted GSM (Global System for Mobile Communications) as its mobile communications standard--unlike the US, which left companies to each create their own standards, resulting in largely incompatible networks. Settling on the GSM standard makes it easy to buy a cell phone that works in every European and Asian country, but there are some things you need to know.

http://goeurope.about.com/cs/stayingconnected/a/cell_phone_buy.htm