Recent Posts

Friday 21 November 2014

Choosing To Hate

John 15:18-25Douay-Rheims 

18 If the world hate you, know ye, that it hath hated me before you.
19 If you had been of the world, the world would love its own: but because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.
20 Remember my word that I said to you: The servant is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you: if they have kept my word, they will keep yours also.
21 But all these things they will do to you for my name's sake: because they know not him who sent me.
22 If I had not come, and spoken to them, they would not have sin; but now they have no excuse for their sin.
23 He that hateth me, hateth my Father also.
24 If I had not done among them the works that no other man hath done, they would not have sin; but now they have both seen and hated both me and my Father.
25 But that the word may be fulfilled which is written in their law: They hated me without cause.

Awaiting The Command


Many of my friends have expressed to me the growing sense of hatred in the cities, towns, places where they live and work.

This sense of hatred seems to be felt more in families as well, as divisions seem to be growing larger, more obvious.

A wise man told me yesterday that Malta was going to regret allowing so many non-Christians into this small country, as these people simply do not have the same standard of loving one's neighbor or mannerly behavior. Healthy men sit while white aged women with canes stand. Men do not move out of the way on the sidewalks making white women move. Men stare at white women in outward lust and hatred.

To be among the unbaptized is daily a different experience than living among the baptized.

Aggressive behavior among the youth has caused some tourists to tell me they are no longer feeling safe here, and may not come back again.

Two "Arabs" sexually attacked two women and a boy, doing the worst to all three. No one wants to admit that Malta is changing because of hatred.

Hatred has also reared its hydra-head among Catholics, who want to persist in the fantasy that they are saved just by being Catholics. They resist grace, and, thereby, fall into disdain for the truth and hatred for the truth. The few, the remnant, are learning how to share love among those who outwardly hate them and hate the truth.

Why is this happening so quickly?

God in His Divine Providence has willed a time when satan is allowed a free hand. This time is for the creation of saints and the punishment of the unrepentant. This time is now.

That truth, that God from all eternity knew these times would come, and is in charge, should give us comfort.

What I see is the attacking of any type of goodness and saintliness.

Hatred of the Truth marks those who refuse to leave sinful lifestyles, and want to rationalize their own behaviors. Hatred of Truth is direct hatred of Christ.

It is very lonely trying to love, living among those who are choosing hate.

Some people simply do not believe that others choose evil, but they do.

One of my dear friends in the army told me he has met many men who choose hatred, who choose violence, who choose evil over good. He said the enemy hates all who are not exactly like they are.

God gives mankind free will and allows us to use this gift daily. God will not overcome our free wills. God see our free wills as sacred, as free will is one way we are made in the image and likeness of God.

He does not force someone to love Him or to love others. He allows them the freedom to hate or to love.