Recently, I discovered that many Catholics are afraid of the following things or people. We cannot be afraid.
- Fear of losing the companionship of friends or family members because of speaking the truth, even gently
- Fear of being accused of being a hypocrite.
- Fear of upsetting a conversation by bringing up Church teaching on a subject.
- Fear of not being able to answer the complex questions which may arise.
- Fear of failure.
- Fear of being right, not being wrong, and what that means
- Fear of pride or fear of humility
St. John Paul II more than once told us not to be afraid. I have told my readers not to be afraid.
Here is what Christ states: