Recent Posts

Wednesday 29 July 2015

At Wit's End

Those who are called to be prophets in the world, and a good priest last week told me I was one, which I have known since 1972, frequently complain to God for several reasons.

The most prevalent reason for a prophet's complaints is the dullness of the people who simply are not listening. My long-term readers will remember all my ostrich postings of the last several years.

Since I have been back in the Midwest, it has been my complaint to God that people just do not want to hear anything about the reality of the chaos of our world and in the Church. I am living in a part of America where the god Mammon is adored above all other gods. Gross consumerism runs peoples' lives. Buying and selling seems to be an addiction, and the materialistic philosophy which underpins consumerism, that this world is all that there is, (the spiritual world is ignored), seems the main impetus for daily decisions.

Today, I have been at my wit's end. Women who go to daily Mass do not follow Catholic news. They admit it. They did not know about the Satanic statue, or the new curriculum, or the law-suit pending in Georgia against the Catholic school.

The men do not want to talk about these things, either. They talk about baseball, football, and fishing.

The women only want to talk about food, vacations, and social activities. If one tries to move the conversation to serious matters, people simply move away.

Why? Are people afraid and hiding from the truth because they lack faith in God? Why do they not want to get ready for the hard times?

To this day, I have not heard a sermon about the ssm decision in my parish. I am switching parishes.

Not one word on the Synod, not one word on the growing evil around us, not one word about the growing threat to religious freedom.

One of my friend's went to a pastor who has yet to refer to the SCOTUS decision and asked him why he has not said anything. His reply was so vague that she could not believe his apathy. "The bishops statement was in the local Catholic paper." Actually, it was not mentioned in the Catholic paper at all.

Another priest told her that if he brought this up, people would walk out of Mass.

Those Catholics, including priests, who refuse to understand what is happening around us will not be prepared for the real onslaught of evil to come upon us soon.

I predict at least one priest will be in jail by the end of this year because of the new amendment to the Constitution.

Jeremiah was frustrated and at his wit's end, as one sees in his words taken down by Baruch. And, he was persecuted for speaking the truth to his people.

Jeremiah 38:1-6 Douay-Rheims 

38 Now Saphatias the son of Mathan, and Gedelias the son of Phassur, and Juchal the son of Selemias, and Phassur the son of Melchias heard the words that Jeremias spoke to all the people, saying:
Thus saith the Lord: Whosoever shall remain in this city, shall die by the sword, and by famine, and by pestilence: but he that shall go forth to the Chaldeans, shall live, and his life shall be safe, and he shall live.
Thus saith the Lord: This city shall surely be delivered into the hand of the army of the king of Babylon, and he shall take it.
And the princes said to the king: We beseech thee that this man may be put to death: for on purpose he weakeneth the hands of the men of war, that remain in this city, and the hands of the people, speaking to them according to these words: for this man seeketh not peace to this people, but evil.
And king Sedecias said: Behold he is in your hands: for it is not lawful for the king to deny you any thing.
Then they took Jeremias and cast him into the dungeon of Melchias the son of Amelech, which was in the entry of the prison: and they let down Jeremias by ropes into the dungeon, wherein there was no water, but mire. And Jeremias sunk into the mire.

Daily, I see the blindness, willful blindness, of those Catholics who just think life will go on as it has before a month ago.

No.

No.

No.

Part of my problem is that I do not have people around me daily who understand the depth of the evil unleashed upon our nation. I have a few friends close by who understand, but they do not have time to pray together and have their own families. I need to pray more and do more penance.

I repeat the prophecy of Our Lady in Akita, an approved apparition of our times, just to console myself that what I see coming is, indeed, dire, and needing penance.

If I tell people I fast or do penance, I am accused of being fanatical and extreme.

Without prayer and penance, most people living today will go to hell. We faithful Catholics must become more committed to deep prayer, and real penances.

People just do not "get it".

End of my complaint for the day...Here are Mary's words from Akita.


“Many men in this world afflict the Lord. I desire souls to console Him to soften the anger of the Heavenly Father. I wish, with My Son, for souls who will repair, by their suffering and their poverty, for the sinners and ingrates.

“In order that the world might know His anger, the Heavenly Father is preparing to inflict a great chastisement on all mankind. With My Son, I have intervened so many times to appease the wrath of the Father. I have prevented the coming of calamities by offering Him the sufferings of the Son on the Cross, His Precious Blood, and beloved souls who console Him and form a cohort of victim souls.

“Prayer, penance, and courageous sacrifices can soften the Father's anger. I desire this also from your community, that it love poverty, that it sanctify itself and pray in reparation for the ingratitude and outrages of so many men. Recite the prayer of the Handmaids of the Eucharist with awareness of its meaning; put it into practice: offer (whatever God may send) in reparation for sins. Let each one endeavour, according to her capacity and position, to offer herself entirely to the Lord.

“Even in a secular institute, prayer is necessary. Already souls who wish to pray are on the way to being gathered. Without attaching too much attention to the form, be faithful and fervent in prayer to console the Master.”

“If men do not repent and better themselves, the Father will inflict a terrible punishment on all humanity. It will be a punishment greater than the deluge, such as one will never have seen before. Fire will fall from the sky and will wipe out a great part of humanity, the good as well as the bad, sparing neither priests nor faithful. The survivors will find themselves so desolate that they will envy the dead. The only arms which will remain for you will be the Rosary and the Sign left by My Son. Each day recite the prayers of the Rosary. With the Rosary, pray for the Pope, the Bishops and the priests.

“The work of the devil will infiltrate even into the Church in such a way that one will see Cardinals opposing Cardinals, Bishops against other Bishops. The priests who venerate Me will be scorned and opposed by their confreres (other priests). Churches and altars will be sacked. The Church will be full of those who accept compromises, and the demon will press many priests and consecrated souls to leave the service of the Lord.

“The demon will be especially implacable against the souls consecrated to God. The thought of the loss of so many souls is the cause of My sadness. If sins increase in number and gravity, there will no longer be pardon for them.

“...Pray very much the prayers of the Rosary. I alone am able to still save you from the calamities which approach. Those who place their confidence in Me will be saved.”






Lamentations 1 Douay-Rheims

1 Aleph. How doth the city sit solitary that was full of people! how is the mistress of the Gentiles become as a widow: the princes of provinces made tributary!

2 Beth. Weeping she hath wept in the night, and her tears are on her cheeks: there is none to comfort her among all them that were dear to her: all her friends have despised her, and are become her enemies.

3 Ghimel. Juda hath removed her dwelling place because of her affliction, and the greatness of her bondage: she hath dwelt among the nations, and she hath found no rest: all her persecutors have taken her in the midst of straits.

4 Daleth. The ways of Sion mourn, because there are none that come to the solemn feast: all her gates are broken down: her priests sigh: her virgins are in affliction, and she is oppressed with bitterness.

5 He. Her adversaries are become her lords, her enemies are enriched: because the Lord hath spoken against her for the multitude of her iniquities: her children are led into captivity: before the face of the oppressor.



6 Vau. And from the daughter of Sion all her beauty is departed: her princes are become like rams that find no pastures: and they are gone away without strength before the face of the pursuer.

7 Zain. Jerusalem hath remembered the days of her affliction, and prevarication of all her desirable things which she had from the days of old, when her people fell in the enemy's hand, and there was no helper: the enemies have seen her, and have mocked at her sabbaths.

8 Heth. Jerusalem hath grievously sinned, therefore is she become unstable: all that honoured her have despised her, because they have seen her shame: but she sighed and turned backward.

9 Teth. Her filthiness is on her feet, and she hath not remembered her end: she is wonderfully cast down, not having a comforter: behold, O Lord, my affliction, because the enemy is lifted up.

10 Jod. The enemy hath put out his hand to all her desirable things: for she hath seen the Gentiles enter into her sanctuary, of whom thou gavest commandment that they should not enter into thy church.

11 Caph. All her people sigh, they seek bread: they have given all their precious things for food to relieve the soul: see, O Lord, and consider, for I am become vile.

12 Lamed. O all ye that pass by the way, attend, and see if there be any sorrow like to my sorrow: for he hath made a vintage of me, as the Lord spoke in the day of his fierce anger.

13 Mem. From above he hath sent fire into my bones, and hath chastised me: he hath spread a net for my feet, he hath turned me back: he hath made me desolate, wasted with sorrow all the day long.

14 Nun. The yoke of my iniquities hath watched: they are folded together in his hand, and put upon my neck: my strength is weakened: the Lord hath delivered me into a hand out of which I am not able to rise.

15 Samech. The Lord hath taken away all my mighty men out of the midst of me: he hath called against me the time, to destroy my chosen men: the Lord hath trodden the winepress for the virgin daughter of Juda.

16 Ain. Therefore do I weep, and my eyes run down with water: because the comforter, the relief of my soul, is far from me: my children are desolate because the enemy hath prevailed.

17 Phe. Sion hath spread forth her hands, there is none to comfort her: the Lord hath commanded against Jacob, his enemies are round about him: Jerusalem is as a menstruous woman among them.

18 Sade. The Lord is just, for I have provoked his mouth to wrath: hear, I pray you, all ye people, and see my sorrow: my virgins, and my young men are gone into captivity.

19 Coph. I called for my friends, but they deceived me: my priests and my ancients pined away in the city: while they sought their food, to relieve their souls.

20 Res. Behold, O Lord, for I am in distress, my bowels are troubled: my heart is turned within me, for I am full of bitterness: abroad the sword destroyeth, and at home there is death alike.

21 Sin. They have heard that I sigh, and there is none to comfort me: all my enemies have heard of my evil, they have rejoiced that thou hast done it: thou hast brought a day of consolation, and they shall be like unto me.


22 Thau. Let all their evil be present before thee: and make vintage of them, as thou hast made vintage of me for all my iniquities: for my sighs are many, and my heart is sorrowful.