Recent Posts

Monday, 26 November 2012

Contentious Post

If you are in a parish where the priest still is not using the new translation of the NO, leave that parish.

If you are in a parish where the priest skips parts of the Mass or is loose about his rubrics, leave that parish.

If you are in a parish with Communion Services run by women, nuns, lay persons, get out of that parish.

If you are in a parish where Confessions are by appointment only, get out of that parish.

If you are in a parish with altar girls, mostly, get out of that parish.

If you are in a parish where the priests do not give real homilies which have meat, get out of that parish.

If you are in a parish where people dress on Sunday like they are going to WalMart scrums right after Mass, leave that parish.

If you are in a parish where the priest baptizes and confirms everybody and anybody who asks without catechesis or looking into personal lives, leave that parish.

If you are in a parish which has a school which hires lesbians, homosexuals, non-Catholic teachers, leave that parish.

Your immortal soul is at danger and you may not have time to become holy NOW. Your family is affected. I you have children, they are being given bad examples. We do not know the day or the hour and all these things interfere with the virtue of religion and the proper formation of conscience. Move if possible or drive to another parish. Stop giving money to schools which are not teaching Catholic doctrine.


5 comments:

Anita Moore said...

I agree with all this. Unfortunately, there are places where it is impossible to find a parish where one or more of these elements is not present. There are, for instance, no parishes within a reasonable distance of where I live where these things are not going on, and where the state of the liturgy is not simply awful -- and I am quite willing to travel for Mass. I am very painfully aware that these parishes are not safe spiritual environments, that they are not conducive to prayer, and that they are filled with distractions and even occasions of sin. I would gladly avoid them if I could.

But since I can't get out of going to Mass on Sundays and holy days of obligation, I fortify myself with prayer, study and good spiritual reading. If I had kids, I would teach them to do the same, and make sure they knew their faith. While I am at Mass, I try to set as good an example as I can, make reparation for the irreverence inside God's house, about which His priests do nothing, and offer up my sufferings.

Lynda said...

Sadly, that's about 99% of the parishes in Ireland.

Joshua said...

What if there is no other alternative?

Supertradmum said...

Joshua, one must pray very hard for personal strength and graces. The liturgies I attended in the monastery for two months would have fallen into some of those categories. The poor nuns have no alternative but to take the priests the diocese sends them. Some of the daily Masses were train station Masses, over in 20 minutes. Only one priest out of four had a homily. The state of holiness of our priests is such that we need to pray for them. I pray for you now and all who have no alternatives. I was in that situation for years because of jobs in liturgical wastelands. My son learned about heresies almost weekly with our game in the car, heresy watch, from the homilies. I started that when he was ten. Sad days for us all. Concentrate on the Holy Eucharist.

Jay Boyd said...

I second Anita's comment. She and I live in the same general neck of the woods, and it's hard to find a "real Catholic" parish. Part of the problem in the wild West, it seems, is finding a real Catholic DIOCESE. Pray for our bishops.