Recent Posts

Saturday 12 January 2013

Shocking


I went to an adoration chapel this morning. There were two ladies who talked loudly the entire time. One had a cell phone which went off and she proceeded to talk on it. This all happened in front of the Blessed Sacrament in the Monstrance.

I went up to the two women once and pointed out that Jesus was present in the Monstrance and would they please stop talking.

They did not.

I am truly, truly shocked.

I stayed there for an hour, as I thought Christ was suffering again in the Garden of Gethsemane when His disciples fell asleep. These women are asleep.

They do not know God.

I prayed for them. And, when I left, I thought is there no place in the world where there is silence before God in His humble, vulnerable state, the Eucharist?

Yesterday, at Mass, two women in the front pew talked until the Consecration. One man got up and "shhhed" them, but they did not stop talking. The priest continued and said nothing.

Why is this happening? These are Maltese, not tourists. These are Catholics, not Protestants.

Why?