Recent Posts

Saturday, 8 September 2012

Greed in Chicago

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2012/06/12/how-much-do-chicago-public-school-teachers-make/

Chicago teachers make about $71,000 per year. They have the highest salaries in all of the States.

When I was teaching in private Catholic schools, my average salary was $19k per year plus insurance. I was a single mom raising a child. I had to leave and take two part-time jobs in order to make more money and teach home schooling.

Chicago teachers are GREEDY. I do not agree that the profession of teaching should be unionised. It use to be a profession, and now it is a job.

Greed.


2 comments:

Tina aka Snupnjake said...

I think your comments about Chicago public school teachers are unfair and uncharitable.

I believe Catholic social doctrine states a fair wage needs to be paid.

The fact you were not paid a fair wage doesn't mean others should not be paid a fair wage.

Supertradmum said...

Tina aka Snupnjake,

I lived in the Midwest most of my life, including in Illinois and I can assure you is a very high salary for a teacher. Even given the price of housing and stuff in Chicago, it is MORE than a fair wage.

You should look at the comparable wages for teachers elsewhere. Sorry, justice is one thing, excess is another.