Recent Posts

Friday 20 July 2012

You are in the Army now...

Several months ago, I wrote a series on quietism, applying the heresy to the attitudes of many Christians who refuse to fight the fight of Faith.

Too often, no matter where I go, I hear Catholics stating that "there is nothing I can do", or "the problems are too big" or "I am apolitical" or "God will miraculously sort things out."

No to all the above...we are the Church Militant, as our dear Pope reminded us not too long ago. God has commissioned us with a duty. We have our papers. It is our responsibility to fit into the battle plan.

Now, some of the Gen X and Millennials have been brainwashed into thinking all fighting is bad. Tell that to St. Michael the Archangel. There are many ways to fight. Writing, teaching, raising Catholic thinkers through home schooling, consecrating yourself to God in celibacy, prayer and fasting, being excellent business men, honorable and respectful, being good citizens by obeying just laws. This list is endless.

I was shocked, silly me, by an article in a British newspaper on the immorality of the athletes coming here for the Olympics. I shall not give unnecessary details, but the ideal athlete who is moral and a good example for children seems to be an anomaly. That our society worships athletes who are not worthy of such idolatry creates an atmosphere of neo-paganism. Why are the Catholics silent about the Olympic charade of virtue in sport bringing nations together? One other blog and myself are ranting about this idolatry. The Catholic world has been horribly silent or supportive of this religion of sport.

The Church Militant cannot and must not tolerate evil. That, to me, is the biggest problem with the English culture-the overlooking of gross sin--even Catholics--the allowance of sin to proliferate.

Christ calls all of us into the Church Militant by our baptism. This is not some nice metaphor, but a daily reality. We cannot let down our guard for one moment.

He that is not with me, is against me: and he that gathereth not with me, scattereth. Matthew 12:30 Douay Rheims.


Are you part of the problem or are you part of the solution?