Recent Posts

Thursday 23 August 2012

Feast of St. Rose of Lima



Today is the Feast of St. Rose of Lima. She is one of those rare saints who was canonized within the living memory of many who knew her. She died in 1617 and was canonized in 1671.

Today is special to me as Rose of Lima is my Confirmation name and she is one of my personal patrons.

(Supertradmum-Rose of Lima; lol)

This week in August marks one of my favourite times of the year. I love St Bernard of Clairvaux, and of course, St. Pius X. Today is Rose's day and yesterday, we honoured Our Lady as Queen. Within the week, we celebrate SS. Monica and Augustine. We shall also see the feasts of the Beheading of John the Baptist,  SS. Margaret Clitherow, Anne Line and Margaret Ward by the end of next week celebrated.

And, there are more. August is a month of great saints. Let us rejoice and be glad.