Recent Posts

Saturday 4 August 2012

More on the Feeding of the Five Thousand for Saturday

I hope some readers have enjoyed the meditations on the Feeding of the Five Thousand. This is the penultimate one.

In the passage, which is from John, one sees that the extra bits, the "left-overs" were gathered up carefully and filled up many, many baskets. Nothing was wasted.

Now, I compare, mentally, the five loaves and two fishes with talents or gifts God has given us to use in the world. If we use out talents, God makes these small gifts multiple for His Glory, not ours. In other words. if we give our lives to God and let Him use all "for the glory of God", the results will be more than we can imagine. I have seen this in my life, with a few talents I have, and how God has used everything and multiplied the results.


I do not do this, He does. Give Him your talents, your gifts and let Him use these as He Wills. We cannot be more generous than God.