Recent Posts

Saturday 1 September 2012

Yet another letter from a bishop..


DECLARATION CONCERNING ALLEGED APPARITIONS
OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY AT MOTHER CABRINI SHRINE
AND OTHER PLACES IN THE ARCHDIOCESE

On December 9, 1991, I appointed a commission to investigate alleged apparitions of the
Blessed Virgin Mary at Mother Cabrini Shrine and other places within the Archdiocese of Denver to Theresa Antonia Lopez. On February 22, 1994, the commission completed its investigation and presented its findings to me.

As Archbishop of Denver, I have concluded that the alleged apparitions of the Blessed
Virgin Mary to Theresa Antonia Lopez are devoid of any supernatural origin.
Because of my concern for the spiritual welfare of the people of God, I direct the faithful to
refrain from participating in or promoting para-liturgical or liturgical services related to the alleged apparitions.

Furthermore, anyone encouraging devotion to these alleged apparitions in any way is acting contrary to my wishes as Archbishop of Denver.
It remains my constant hope that all the faithful will promote devotion to our Blessed Lady
in the many forms which have been approved by the Catholic Church.

J. Francis Stafford
Archbishop of Denver
March 9, 1994