Recent Posts

Tuesday 8 January 2013

From Today's Terce

Psalm 121 (122)
Jerusalem, the holy city

The mystery, which was hidden from earlier ages and generations, is now made clear.
They filled me with joy when they said,
  “We will go to the house of the Lord.”
Now our feet are standing
  within your gates, Jerusalem.
Jerusalem, built as a city,
  whole and self-contained:
there the tribes have gone up,
  the tribes of the Lord –
the witness of Israel,
  to praise the Lord’s name.
For there are the thrones of justice,
  the thrones of the house of David.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
  “Safety for those who care for you,
peace inside your walls,
  security within your ramparts!”
For my brethren and those near to me I will say
  “Peace be upon you.”
For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
  I will call blessings upon you.
Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit,
  as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,
  world without end.
Amen.

And in the Monastic Diurnal of mine, for the days after Epiphany, I read that we live in Faith, until we come into the contemplation of the Beauty of God.

Very nice thought and possible experience.....