Recent Posts

Friday 17 May 2013

Letters from the Monastery Nine, May 14th (put on by blog carer on May 17)

The three nuns, including Mother General, are leaving for Nigeria today. I have been humbled by not being able to help with the work. Mother took me off all duties temporarily. I am praying and waiting for "orders". A new Mother Prioress, who I know well, has been elected and will take over in Mother's three week absence.

All are excited, but subdued as well, at the immense responsibility of taking on the challenge to pray for peace in Nigeria.

I have finished reading three books on the Holy Foundress, and want to start another. As I am not doing physical labor, I am catching up on the reading demanded of a novice...all good stuff. Mother General has encouraged my poetry writing, but admits there is no time in the novitiate training for writing.

I have had a great insight into the life of St. Martha. She, too, was called to contemplative life, and like these good nuns, had to spend her day both working and praying...she forgot, temporarily, about the prayer, that is, listening to God, which was the whole point of Christ's admonition.

The nuns at Tyburn are both Marthas and Marys....Pray for my back to healed, please.