Recent Posts

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Hissy Fit


A very wealthy Irish woman asked me if I wanted to visit a woman in southern Ireland who claims she is seeing Mary. I was so stunned. I said no and she could not believe I would pass up the chance.

Another woman and her husband visited a faith healer in Ireland and paid him 80 euros for the healing-which did not happen.

The woman who wanted to see a seer was caught up in visionary sites. The couple are caught up in superstition.

Apparently, this woman, and many woman like her, literally runs around Europe, spending tons of money visiting apparition sites, some which have already been condemned by the Church ages ago.

Waste of money. I honestly do not know how to deal with this phenomenon. People think they are going to be holy if they visit holy sites, as if picking up holiness by osmosis was possible.

I find this a horrible hypocrisy and sign of spiritual gluttony.

If anyone has any idea as to how I can break through such sentimentality, let me know.

I do not know why people waste so much money on these types of pilgrimages.


The traditional enumeration of the corporal works of mercy is as follows:
  • To feed the hungry;
  • To give drink to the thirsty;
  • To clothe the naked;
  • To harbour the harbourless;
  • To visit the sick;
  • To ransom the captive;
  • To bury the dead.
The spiritual works of mercy are:
  • To instruct the ignorant;
  • To counsel the doubtful;
  • To admonish sinners;
  • To bear wrongs patiently;
  • To forgive offences willingly;
  • To comfort the afflicted;
  • To pray for the living and the dead.