Recent Posts

Monday 17 June 2013

In the family

My Great-Grandfather, who was one of the signers of the Declaration of Independence for the Czech Republic and friends with Masaryk and Benes, who was counsel for Woodrow Wilson, one of the directors of the aid to the famine victims in Belgian and who received many awards, two from Popes, including the Knight of St Gregory, predicted WW II. He died of a broken heart because of the giving over of the Czech Republic to the Nazis. He was appointed to return the skull and crown of St. Stephen to Hungary between the wars. We are far-seeing people.

He also founded several schools and a college in America. The genes are good, Catholic, orthodox lay genes.

I write of him today as I am grateful for my Catholic roots, but also my political roots. One must work for freedom and never take human rights for granted. Never.