Recent Posts

Thursday 15 August 2013

I am so excited


In 1999, in Washington D. C., I saw the first day of the relics of St. Therese of Lisieux in the world journey of the beautiful remains throughout the U.S.A.  I had a profound experience of this Little Flower, after waiting out in the rain for several hours, while the special guests had a private Mass. I also had a fantastic discussion with the Carmelite friar who was in charge of the eastern journey of these relics from Washington to the Mississippi River.

At that time, I had been visiting Seton Home Schooling for a perspective job, which did not happen, but I met many saints while I was in Front Royal. The trip to Washington to see the relics was icing on the cake.

St. Therese is one of my personal patrons. The list gets longer as I get older, but she accompanied me from childhood, and was the first biography of a saint I read as a child.

Now, a relic of hers is coming to Dublin, to Whitefriar Street Church on Aungier Street from August 22-24th. I am so excited.

St. Therese is one reason why I am in Europe. She is loved by so many because of her little way of love which speaks to the heart of the laity.

From 10:30 to 6:00 for those three days, one may come and honour this saint of our times.

I am so excited.