Recent Posts

Thursday 5 December 2013

More from The Meditations of the Passion of Our Lord by St. Alphonsus

O Loving heart of Jesus, inflame this poor heart of mine.

My Jesus, when shall I begin to love You, as You have loved me?
My God, when shall I die to everything, to live for You alone?
My beloved, make me love You even in the midst of sufferings.
You have loved me without reserve; I wish to love You without reserve.
My Jesus, make Yourself known, make Yourself loved by all.
My Jesus, grant that I may die, saying, I love You, I love You.
My God, suffer me not to lose You for ever.
Give me the grace to love You, and then do with me what You will.
At this hour, I might have been in hell, but now I love You, and I hope always to love You.
And what else do I desire, my God! but You, my chief, my only good?
My Jesus, in the day of judgment do not send me away from You.
My Jesus, how lovely are You; but by how few are You loved!


My Jesus, grant me Your love; I ask for nothing more.
You have died for me, I wish also to die for You.
O death of Jesus, from you I hope for a happy death.

O blood of Jesus, from you I hope for pardon of all my sins.

O wounds of Jesus, from you I hope to love Jesus for ever.

O agony of Jesus, from you I hope to bear peacefully the agony of my death.
O sorrows of Jesus, from you I hope for patience in contradictions.

O scourges of Jesus, deliver me from everlasting despair.

O tears of Mary, obtain for me sorrow for my sins.

O my own St. Joseph, by your happy death, obtain for me a good death.
O holy Apostles, by your blessed deaths obtain for me the grace to die in the love of God.
And what do I desire, either in this life or in the next, but You alone, my God?
O my Jesus, had I died in sin, I could never more love You; now I desire to love You and You alone.

My God, I love You, and I will love none but You.
St. Teresa, St. Philip Neri, my patrons, make me burn with the love of God with which you were inflamed.

My Jesus, by the pain which You did endure when Your right hand was pierced with the nail, give me perseverance in Your grace.

My Jesus, by the pain which You did endure when Your left hand was pierced with the nail, give me a true sorrow for my sins.
My Jesus, by the pain which You did endure when Your left foot was pierced with the nail, deliver me from the pains of hell.
My Jesus, by the pains which You did endure when Your right foot was pierced with the nail, give me the grace to love You eternally in heaven.
My Jesus, by the wound that was made in Your Sacred Heart, give me the grace to love You always in this life and in the next.