Recent Posts

Monday 7 April 2014

Well, I can eliminate two men

from the long list of those GOPers wanting to be president.

Jeb Bush and Chris Christie do not sound presidential to me, but stuck in a small, small world of their own.

I am looking at Ted Cruz, Marc Rubio and Rand Paul. As much as I like Santorum as a person, I do not think he is electable and I am a political realist.

As to recent discussions with friends, I can see that one of the defects of the Millennials and young Gen Xers is cynicism and a lowering of standards in their expectations for moral politicians.

We must not settle for liars and cheats. We must hold our leaders to the highest standards of morality.

Noblesse oblige might be dead, and we may no longer believe in a trained, even hereditary civil service, but we must pray and train leaders to exemplify moral strength and virtue.

Even the Greeks and Republican Romans held virtue to be necessary for leaders.

If we train our own children to be virtuous, we shall get virtuous politicians.

Cynicism is a sin. Period.