Recent Posts

Tuesday 8 July 2014

Novella Part Ten Sally Forth

Frieda decided to read the journal on the plane. Again, one section cried out for attention.

Hans told me over coffee a strange thing, but then our entire relationship has been strange. First, he said to keep the ring, as a sign of love and respect. Then, he said something very odd. "Sally, I think that your insight into my vocation is only part of the vision here. I do not know what this means, but I think that when I saw you in white, that you would be in heaven before me and I need you, please, to pray for me. I am not a natural celibate. I am worldly and vain. I have always had everything I ever wanted, except you."

I waited, as this confession was painful for both of us. "Will you, as you would have as my wife, pray for me everyday?"

Of course, I assured him I would, and I shall. Enough of this. There is nothing left to say.

Frieda thought about her own life, so caught up in the material. Here were two people who were "thresholders", living on the edge of life, living with one foot on earth and one foot in eternity. She felt happy to have known both....she envied the ease with which they could love and let go of love.

Well, Sal was still alive. Then, she had another idea.....

To be continued...