Recent Posts

Wednesday 23 July 2014

On The Demons of The Air



This is a completely personal meditation from three Scripture passages. 

When the evil angels fell with Lucifer, they were from all the levels of angels. There is a hierarchy of devils, just as there is a hierarchy of angels. Now, I want to refer to two types, which have been defined in Scripture 

Catholics need to wake up and realize that daily we are all bombarded by these evil spirits who want to destroy the life of grace in us and bring us into their own misery.

The first category are the demons of the air. I do not know what level these evil ones came from, but these are all around us. I want to point out that they come through and in the air.

I am convinced that such demons have the power to come through electronic devices such as computer and especially, televisions/

Here is one passage:


Ephesians 2 Douay-Rheims 

And you, when you were dead in your offences, and sins,
Wherein in time past you walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of this air, of the spirit that now worketh on the children of unbelief:
In which also we all conversed in time past, in the desires of our flesh, fulfilling the will of the flesh and of our thoughts, and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest:
But God, (who is rich in mercy,)  for his exceeding charity wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together in Christ, (by whose grace you are saved,)
And hath raised us up together, and hath made us sit together in the heavenly places, through Christ Jesus.
Here is another passage from the same epistle which uses the names of two of the levels of angels, high levels, who have fallen.
Ephesians 6:10-13Douay-Rheims 
10 Finally, brethren, be strengthened in the Lord, and in the might of his power.
11 Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil.
12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.
13 Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect.
One must be vigilant about computer games (D and D, WoW for example) and movies and television shows regarding these demons.
Another group are the strategic demons, again, noted in Scripture.

Daniel 10 Douay-Rheims 

10 In the third year of Cyrus king of the Persians, a word was revealed to Daniel surnamed Baltassar, and a true word, and great strength: and he understood the word: for there is need of understanding in a vision.
In those days I Daniel mourned the days of three weeks.
I ate no desirable bread, and neither flesh, nor wine entered into my mouth, neither was I anointed with ointment: till the days of three weeks were accomplished.
And in the four and twentieth day of the first month I was by the great river which is the Tigris.
And I lifted up my eyes, and I saw: and behold a man clothed in linen, and his loins were girded with the finest gold:
And his body was like the chrysolite, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as a burning lamp: and his arms, and all downward even to the feet, like in appearance to glittering brass: and the voice of his word like the voice of a multitude.
And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with me saw it not: but an exceeding great terror fell upon them, and they fled away, and hid themselves.
And I being left alone saw this great vision: and there remained no strength in me, and the appearance of my countenance was changed in me, and I fainted away, and retained no strength.
And I heard the voice of his words: and when I heard, I lay in a consternation, upon my face, and my face was close to the ground.
10 And behold a hand touched me, and lifted me up upon my knees, and upon the joints of my hands.
11 And he said to me: Daniel, thou man of desires, understand the words that I speak to thee, and stand upright: for I am sent now to thee. And when he had said this word to me, I stood trembling.
12 And he said to me: Fear not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou didst set thy heart to understand, to afflict thyself in the sight of thy God, thy words have been heard: and I am come for thy words.
13 But the prince of the kingdom of the Persians resisted me one and twenty days: and behold Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, and I remained there by the king of the Persians.
14 But I am come to teach thee what things shall befall thy people in the latter days, for as yet the vision is for days.
15 And when he was speaking such words to me, I cast down my countenance to the ground, and held my peace.
16 And behold, as it were the likeness of a son of man touched my lips: then I opened my mouth, and spoke, and said to him that stood before me: O my Lord, at the sight of thee my joints are loosed, and no strength hath remained in me.
17 And how can the servant of my lord speak with my lord? for no strength remaineth in me, moreover my breath is stopped.
18 Therefore he that looked like a man touched me again, and strengthened me.
19 And he said: Fear not, O man of desires, peace be to thee: take courage and be strong. And when he spoke to me, I grew strong: and I said: Speak, O my lord, for thou hast strengthened me.
20 And he said: Dost thou know wherefore I am come to thee? and now I will return, to fight against the prince of the Persians. When I went forth, there appeared the prince of the Greeks coming.
21 But I will tell thee what is set down in the scripture of truth: and none is my helper in all these things, but Michael your prince.
What is in Scripture is true, so here we have two specific demons, one called the Prince of Persia (modern day Iran) keeping a special messenger from God, most likely Gabriel, from coming, until Michael came and helped.
Michael, as guardian of the Jewish people, was hindered at this time.
There is also, in addition, a Prince of the Greeks. That these good angels fought literally with the bad ones seems to indicate that the bad ones were strategically fighting over two countries, Greece and Persia.
Why some countries have good angels and some bad fighting over them, in the air, is a mystery, unless one thinks that these fell with Lucifer in their pride and in their role. An angel is his role. Gabriel is the Messenger of God, Raphael is the Healing of God, and Michael, the Guardian-Fighter.
Note the language in these passages. 
I write of these as I have felt in the past and now that different areas have different spiritual characters.
Some people have said this of New York City or Las Vegas, that they "sensed the evil". Others have felt or sensed this about Chicago or other places.
As a child, certain places struck me as evil or good.
I think in these times of chaos, we need to ask God to make keen the gift of discernment, to protect ourselves and our families from evil. We need to avoid the demons of the air.

If you are traveling and find yourself in a place where is seems hard to pray, there could be demonic influence in that area. Remember where you can pray easily, or at least with some ease and not as if in a battle zone. Sometimes one feels blocks, or even a strange cloudiness over an area. I had a strange experience like this flying into Ireland for the first time, and in a certain place in Illinois, and in a certain place in New York State.

Stay in the state of grace. Pray. Keep close to the sacraments and pray the rosary-the weapons of our "side".