Recent Posts

Thursday 3 July 2014

Warm Hearts and Warm Food

I am in Davenport, Iowa for two weeks. Sitting in the Locust Street HyVee, I have just met Dan, the manager. I have known Kelly, who works here, since my son was a kid eating tons of Chinese dinners.

The new cafe is fantastic, with free wifi and excellent food.

Breakfast on Thursday is made up of two eggs, hash browns and two large pieces of whole-wheat bread, that is, four slices of thick toast.

Price? $4.99 plus a discount.

And the coffee is great.

Some come here to watch the sports television and eat-so IOWA. Tennis is on now. WIMBLEDON.

If you are in the area, go here and say I sent you. It is crowded-always a good sign for cafes.

Great service as well...It ain't purdy on the outside, but where there are warm hearts and warm food, plus wifi, that is OK with me.