Recent Posts

Saturday 11 October 2014

Not A Prisoner

Thanks to Wiki
It is nice to be able to walk out, walk to church, (although I have not found a close daily Mass), walk to the stores, and just be by the sea.

In Illinois, Iowa and Upper State New York, I felt like a prisoner, as each walk in the winter and some in the summer ended up with me experiencing an asthma attack. Those who have no breathing problems cannot imagine how difficult it is to have to stay inside when one wants and enjoys being outside.

I am no longer a prisoner.

But, I am noticing something having been in several different states (three) and two countries in the past week. Some cultures have become just plain rude. So sad...But, thankfully, most people who work in the service industries are friendly and helpful still.

In the Newark airport, I was happily surprised by the helpful "red coats" and the smiling, affable clerks in stores and in coffee shops.

In fact, I can recommend in the International section, a friendly and accommodating coffee shop-Green Beans Coffee.

This shop-keeper proved to be one of the few in America which knows how to make an "cafe Americano".

Americano coffee starts with espresso and hot water is added on top. I ordered a large and it was fantastic.

Some cafes advertise cafe americano, but do not make it correctly. If you do not see the server starting by making espresso, it is not real Americano coffee.

So, another recommendation. Munich airport offers free coffee, tea and chocolate to all who are flying. This makes me like the Germans even more. I have had good experiences both in Frankfort and in Munich, the only two places I have visited in Germany.

Germany must be on my list of places to visit, but as I travel alone and want to have friends at the "other side" when I land, and as I personally know no Germans in Germany, this visit remains on my wish-list.

Philippians 4:12-20Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)

12 I know both how to be brought low, and I know how to abound: (everywhere, and in all things I am instructed) both to be full, and to be hungry; both to abound, and to suffer need.
13 I can do all these things in him who strengtheneth me.
14 Nevertheless you have done well in communicating to my tribulation.
15 And you also know, O Philippians, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but you only:
16 For unto Thessalonica also you sent once and again for my use.
17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that may abound to your account.
18 But I have all, and abound: I am filled, having received from Epaphroditus the things you sent, an odour of sweetness, an acceptable sacrifice, pleasing to God.
19 And may my God supply all your want, according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.
20 Now to God and our Father be glory world without end. Amen.

Enough for now. Be bak son.