Recent Posts

Wednesday 22 October 2014

The Reality of Being A Parent

I have addressed American parents many times on this blog. It is child abuse to put your child in a Common Core school.

But, after reading the CHIPS program requirements, I am seriously wondering why any Catholic parent in GB has their child in a state school?

I lived in England for almost 13 years. As soon as the Key curriculum came out, it was clear to me as a parent that I could not in good conscience do anything by educate at home. I had decided before that, but the new curriculum at the time provided the clincher. I had to teach religion and all the subjects from a Catholic viewpoint.

With one income, things were tough. We did not go on vacations. We did not have a car. My husband rode a bicycle to work or took public transport depending on where we lived.

We lived simply, but were dedicated to home education. I started in 1991 in Dorset.

I cannot understand Catholics either putting their children in compromising Catholic schools, that is schools wherein non-Catholics educated your children and the religious curriculum is lame.

Parents, God will judge you on whether your children have proper formation, as you are the primary educators of your children.

Even my parents so long ago understood we needed religious training in the home.

Proverbs 22:6New Revised Standard Version Catholic Edition

 Train children in the right way,
    and when old, they will not stray.
Your children do not need things, the latest clothes, mobiles, TVs, stuff. They need God and formation in the virtues.

Lay persons who do not take the religious training of their children in hand directly have added to the leadership crisis in the Church. Where do you think Catholic leaders come from? The family....