Recent Posts

Sunday 28 December 2014

Comino


Because of rough seas, our ferry this morning crossed over to the far side of Comino. Now, I would love to live on Comino, but there are only four people living there now.  It is a bird sanctuary and I would love that as birds are my favorite animals.

Apparently, when the weather in the past was too awful for the priest to come on Saturday night and Sunday morning for Mass, the residents use to face the Mass being held on the Gozo mainland church of Our Lady of the Rock, and follow the Mass with semaphore like flags...I do not know for sure if this is true, but it makes for a great legend.

Comino is a rock with scrub brushes, but if I could get the wifi there and go to the chapel daily, I think this would be a great place for a semi-contemplative.

Returning later.