Recent Posts

Wednesday 28 January 2015

Rich Ireland

I found out today how rich Ireland really is. I can tell by the clothes people wear, the up-market shopping and the prices of food, which is horribly expensive. Everything is more expensive than Malta and Great Britain.

The Irish are some of the richest people in Europe. But, the middle class is shrinking.

A friend of mine told me today that the banking system here is one of the most corrupt in the world.

I am thinking about all of this.

A priest, who is Irish and from a really good family, told me the Irish are getting nasty. He sees it.

Sad days, and the result of the loss of Faith....

I had lunch with a friend on the North Side of Dublin. The contrast with the South Side is amazing.

The north is old, poor, very "Irish".

The south is rich, new, metropolitan, multicultural.

Interesting.