Recent Posts

Tuesday 4 September 2012

The Churches of Vilnius


I am sorry that I could not get to Vilnius this Autumn. I had an invitation from a friend of mine who described the City of Churches to me. Here are a few of the photos online of this amazing place. St. Casimir is the patron saint of the nation, and a king. His feast day is March 4th, the day my little sister entered heaven at the age of almost one.


Thanks Wiki for this photo


Lithuania was one of the last European countries to be Christianized from paganism,which did not disappear until the 17th century in some places. Lithuania has a fascinating history involving the Teutonic Knights, whose castle and monastery at Marienburg, now in Poland, is seen here. Sigh, there are just not enough hours in the day to see all the wonderful things in the world....