Recent Posts

Friday 1 February 2013

An old combination of evils

A long time ago, a good TLM priest told me to look at the connection between liturgical abuse and sexual abuse. I did and I do.

I shall write more on this tomorrow.  I knew about this years ago, as my diocese was one of the worst areas for both sexual and liturgical abuses.

To be continued...series on St. Catherine's writings regarding bad priests.............

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/there-is-no-excuse-in-la-defcon-5.html

http://www.realclearreligion.org/articles/2013/01/25/cardinal_mahonys_la_cosa_nostra.html

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2013/01/archbishop-takes-action-on-mahony-curry-over-abuse-scandal.html


Thanks to wiki



Christ words in the Dialogues of St. Catherine of Siena on good and bad priests:
“You should love them therefore by reason of the virtue and dignity of the Sacrament, and by reason of that very virtue and dignity you should hate the defects of those who live miserably in sin, but not on that account appoint yourselves their judges, which I forbid, because they are My Christs, and you ought to love and reverence the authority which I have given them.
“It not being My will that they should be in this state, you should pray for them, and not judge them, leaving their judgment to Me. And I, moved by your prayers, will do them mercy if they will only receive it, but if they do not correct their life, their dignity will be the cause of their ruin. For if they do not accept the breadth of My mercy, I, the Supreme Judge, shall terribly condemn them at their last extremity, and they will be sent to the eternal fire.”