Recent Posts

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Two Prayer Requests

Today, I was talking to a man who said to me that because Jesus lived a long time ago and because he, this man, had never seen anybody raised from the dead, or had never seen a miracle, he could not believe.

This man told me he had to see to believe. I could not convince him of any of the truths of the Catholic Church, because he wanted to see God. He does not read religious books. Sadly, he use to read the Scriptures, but no longer does so.

I can only pray for him. I pray that God gives him the gift of Faith.

Will you join me in prayer for this man, who is a lapsed Catholic, and has been for 44 years? Please join me in asking God to take away all the barriers which stop the growth of the gift of Faith given to this man 64 years ago in baptism.

I want you to get down on your knees today, at this year's end, and thank God for all the gifts He has given to you, most especially the gift of Faith.

Without faith, you would not be believing in the Resurrection without seeing Christ raised from the dead.

Without faith, you would not believe in the Presence of God in the Eucharist.

Without faith, you would not read books, say prayers, listen to those who teach the Truths of the Church.

Do not take for granted this wonderful gift.

And, most importantly, choose one person tonight, and for this year, to pray for, requesting that this person be given the gift of Faith.

Pray.

Hebrews 11:1

Douay-Rheims 1899 American Edition (DRA)
Now faith is the substance of things to be hoped for, the evidence of things that appear not.