Recent Posts

Tuesday 18 February 2014

A Note on Twitter Today

Sadly, some other Catholic tweeters and I have to block more and more Millenials on twitter. The reason is simple, but disturbing.

For some reason, this present generation of youth, even Catholic youth, use profanities almost daily. Why such words which reveal a "potty mouth" as one famous tweeter notes, have been allowed by parents or adopted even by so-called faithful Catholic youth, is a mystery to me.

To state that words such as bloody, bugger, G.....d.., Oh my G....., f.... and so on, do not mean anything defies belief. For centuries, many words now employed by youth have been defined as not only low class, but extremely rude.

I hate blocking Millenials, but until they decide to use appropriate speech in conversation, some of us cannot allow them to be part of these conversations.

So sad, as opportunities for teaching then become lost.

I cannot imagine this type of language in colleges or universities.

So, I have to block....