Recent Posts

Tuesday 18 February 2014

Apologies to Readers from the Wood Between the Worlds


I am living in Iowa still, and the winter here has been harsh. We had another blizzard this morning and more snow is predicted for Wednesday and Thursday. The deer in the backyard had snow up to its flanks this morning.

I have not been able to write much, as you have seen, for two reasons. I have been very ill with asthma for almost three months now, and I am very tired.

However, the good news is that I am meeting people who are interested in podding. This is something I wrote about last week in the community series. I highly suggest thinking of this plan.

I shall not be in Iowa after the end of March. Keep me in your prayers.


I call this the Wood between the Worlds. This is not a new name for me to apply to Iowa.  This state is always like limbo, or purgatory, as it seems to be merely an unknown door to another world. As my son said, and many before him, Iowa is a place where those over twenty leave as soon as possible. The siren song of prosperity is an empty melody and the Middle West is dying.

Sometimes, I feel like the little guinea pig, safe and eating grass but utterly in a plain and sleepy world.

One needs a yellow ring and a green ring.

Will write more later later tonight.