Recent Posts

Friday 21 February 2014

Fascinating Discussion on Twitter



    1. I agree that it's different to 1917, but the parallel is problematic. Would mean all in grave sin could theoretically receive.
    2. The canon actually states that the subject must be in "periculum mortis".
    3. Your Eminence: can this be an equivalent? Protestants must be in danger of death for this to apply (c. 844 §4)


  1. Check again. I believe wording = if deprived of ministration of own Church for a long time!?
  2. Absolutely, but only “in periculo mortis” or “grave necessity” - i.e., deprived by means of war, prison, &c.
  3. "Grave" can also mean a serious need of the grace of the sacraments!
  4. I looked into this some time ago and I believe interpretation of grave comes down to local ordinary?
  5. I believe it is determined by the episcopal conference or the diocesan bishop (not just local ordinary).
  6. from memory I believe there was such a clarification in Spain.